It has certainly been a day of it today.
From the minute Mark walked (or should I say STORMED) in the door at lunchtime after having a falling out with our business partner and his wife I should have known today would bring many surprises and challenges. For the first time since we invested in this company we are seriously questioning if we have done the right thing.
Mark was so angry he actually had tears in his eyes.
So we sat down and talked about our options. Do we need to get lawyers involved in the whole process of walking away from a business Mark has poured his heart and soul and talents into for the past two years? How did it all go wrong?
It will be an interesting few days in our household while the dust settles and we assess our options and what is the best course of action to take.
Mark and I then headed into town to buy Matt a much-needed new bed and also to look at and choose ceiling fans for the bedrooms and the family room. I am SO glad Mark and I have similar tastes in most things because the lady at the lighting shop handed us a HUGE catalogue of fan choices. We have chosen the fans suitable for the kids' room and two very nice ones for our room and the family room.
As we were about to leave the lighting store a young man in his 20's slammed into the store window and the lady asked Mark to stay in the store with her because she was frightened. The young fellow then proceeded to stumble and weave his way across the middle of the road, obviously out of it from either alcohol and/or drugs. Cars were screeching to a halt (it was 5 o'clock and the traffic was VERY heavy), tooting their horns at him, screaming abuse out the window and I guess he panicked, tried to run away from the confusion and run slap bang into the side of a car and ended up face down in the gutter. It was awful to see and I will admit to bursting into tears. The car that he ran into just drove off which I was a bit surprised at.
Mark took off across the road and with the help of another gentleman they rolled him onto his side and made sure he was breathing. The lady in the store by this stage had rung the police and I then rang an ambulance.
So with Mark standing over him and the other man trying to get the cars to go around him, we waited a good half hour for the ambulance and police to arrive. I was appalled at the people who screeched to a halt in their cars, almost hitting Mark and the other man and then screaming abuse out the window.
I ended up going into the pub near where he fell and asking the bar tender could I get some staff to come and form a guard around the poor guy - more so to keep Mark safe than anything else.
After giving our statement to the police and giving the ambos all the info we could we left - a little bit shaken but just glad we could help out another human being in trouble.
Mark said the guy hadn't been drinking because he didn't smell of alcohol and the ambos did find some prescription drugs in his pockets.
I just hope he is ok and that the rotten sods who thought it was amusing to scream abuse out the window at Mark and those trying to help, never need help for themselves or their loved ones.
I am so pleased there are people like my Mark in the world who try to help people.
He is one of the good ones my man.
No scrapping today after the events of this afternoon but I hope to do some tonight. I have started a massive reshuffle of my scrapping room to make it more condusive to scrapping and a more pleasent place to spend time doing what I love.
My Tarisota subscription arrived today and I opened it with great gusto.
Everything looks gorgeous and I can't wait to use it all.
My other exciting news is that last night I booked a flight for Kait and I to fly down and see Lousie and Chris and my darling niece, Bianca in January. I got a great deal - only $344.00 return for the tickets with Virgin Blue which was over $200 cheaper than Jetstar and $150.00 cheaper than Rex. When I rang Louise to tell her, Chris thought she had won something she was screaming so much. It will be wonderful though and I am so looking forward to it as is Kait.
Sorry about the long post and thanks for reading if you haven't dropped off to sleep.
Happy tomorrow to you all
~*~ shazz ~*~
From the minute Mark walked (or should I say STORMED) in the door at lunchtime after having a falling out with our business partner and his wife I should have known today would bring many surprises and challenges. For the first time since we invested in this company we are seriously questioning if we have done the right thing.
Mark was so angry he actually had tears in his eyes.
So we sat down and talked about our options. Do we need to get lawyers involved in the whole process of walking away from a business Mark has poured his heart and soul and talents into for the past two years? How did it all go wrong?
It will be an interesting few days in our household while the dust settles and we assess our options and what is the best course of action to take.
Mark and I then headed into town to buy Matt a much-needed new bed and also to look at and choose ceiling fans for the bedrooms and the family room. I am SO glad Mark and I have similar tastes in most things because the lady at the lighting shop handed us a HUGE catalogue of fan choices. We have chosen the fans suitable for the kids' room and two very nice ones for our room and the family room.
As we were about to leave the lighting store a young man in his 20's slammed into the store window and the lady asked Mark to stay in the store with her because she was frightened. The young fellow then proceeded to stumble and weave his way across the middle of the road, obviously out of it from either alcohol and/or drugs. Cars were screeching to a halt (it was 5 o'clock and the traffic was VERY heavy), tooting their horns at him, screaming abuse out the window and I guess he panicked, tried to run away from the confusion and run slap bang into the side of a car and ended up face down in the gutter. It was awful to see and I will admit to bursting into tears. The car that he ran into just drove off which I was a bit surprised at.
Mark took off across the road and with the help of another gentleman they rolled him onto his side and made sure he was breathing. The lady in the store by this stage had rung the police and I then rang an ambulance.
So with Mark standing over him and the other man trying to get the cars to go around him, we waited a good half hour for the ambulance and police to arrive. I was appalled at the people who screeched to a halt in their cars, almost hitting Mark and the other man and then screaming abuse out the window.
I ended up going into the pub near where he fell and asking the bar tender could I get some staff to come and form a guard around the poor guy - more so to keep Mark safe than anything else.
After giving our statement to the police and giving the ambos all the info we could we left - a little bit shaken but just glad we could help out another human being in trouble.
Mark said the guy hadn't been drinking because he didn't smell of alcohol and the ambos did find some prescription drugs in his pockets.
I just hope he is ok and that the rotten sods who thought it was amusing to scream abuse out the window at Mark and those trying to help, never need help for themselves or their loved ones.
I am so pleased there are people like my Mark in the world who try to help people.
He is one of the good ones my man.
No scrapping today after the events of this afternoon but I hope to do some tonight. I have started a massive reshuffle of my scrapping room to make it more condusive to scrapping and a more pleasent place to spend time doing what I love.
My Tarisota subscription arrived today and I opened it with great gusto.
Everything looks gorgeous and I can't wait to use it all.
My other exciting news is that last night I booked a flight for Kait and I to fly down and see Lousie and Chris and my darling niece, Bianca in January. I got a great deal - only $344.00 return for the tickets with Virgin Blue which was over $200 cheaper than Jetstar and $150.00 cheaper than Rex. When I rang Louise to tell her, Chris thought she had won something she was screaming so much. It will be wonderful though and I am so looking forward to it as is Kait.
Sorry about the long post and thanks for reading if you haven't dropped off to sleep.
Happy tomorrow to you all
~*~ shazz ~*~

2 comments:
Oh my goodness what a day!!!!! good on Mark for lending a hand. I hope the gentleman in question is OK. Hope your scrapping goes well tonight.
Trish
What a day!!! Isn't it sad that some people can't or won't help those that needed. Mark is one of the good guys.
Now, where are you flying to? Anywhere near here?
Good luck straightening out your scrap room.
Marie xo
Post a Comment