My boys are out at a concert tonight.
Matt drove himself, Jakey, Shannon and a friend to the concert and he will be driving home afterwards.
Please higher power who controls such things, keep my boys safe.
Letting go of my babies is proving to be much more difficult for me than it is for Mark and my fears of losing them is irrational and makes me cry and shake.
I held them in my arms just a little bit longer as they said goodbye tonight.
I know it makes them uncomfortable but it is something i need to do;
to somehow make them safe by holding them to my heart.
Mark just smiles at me knowingly and says I have to trust them and trust in what we have taught them -and I do.
It's just a fear every mother holds in her heart as she lets her babies go out into the big wide world;
as each heart string is severed with each new life experience they try.
When they pull into the driveway tonight, safe and home at last, part of me will forget this irrational overwhelming fear I have.
But there will be more concerts; and outings; and life experiences.
And again I will become irrational, and cry and shake.
I can't help it - i am their mum.
Please higher power who controls such things, keep my boys safe.
~*~ shazz ~*~
Matt drove himself, Jakey, Shannon and a friend to the concert and he will be driving home afterwards.
Please higher power who controls such things, keep my boys safe.
Letting go of my babies is proving to be much more difficult for me than it is for Mark and my fears of losing them is irrational and makes me cry and shake.
I held them in my arms just a little bit longer as they said goodbye tonight.
I know it makes them uncomfortable but it is something i need to do;
to somehow make them safe by holding them to my heart.
Mark just smiles at me knowingly and says I have to trust them and trust in what we have taught them -and I do.
It's just a fear every mother holds in her heart as she lets her babies go out into the big wide world;
as each heart string is severed with each new life experience they try.
When they pull into the driveway tonight, safe and home at last, part of me will forget this irrational overwhelming fear I have.
But there will be more concerts; and outings; and life experiences.
And again I will become irrational, and cry and shake.
I can't help it - i am their mum.
Please higher power who controls such things, keep my boys safe.
~*~ shazz ~*~

1 comment:
OH Shazz, You sure do know how to tug on the heart strings!!
That was just beautiful!!! & I am still wiping away my tears!!!
I know how you feel!!! You have only one chance at life and it can be over all to quickly!!! All you can do is savour every waking moment hey!!!
Thanks for dropping by too!!
Cheers
Michelle
Post a Comment