Monday, November 28, 2005

QUIET DAY

A quiet day at home reflecting on the past few days and I guess life in general.

We held Nanna's funeral yesterday - a celebration of her remarkable life and her amazing spirit and zest for life. Both Mark and I were just blown away by the depth of our emotions yesterday. It was just the most beautiful service and Nanna would have loved it.
Lots of singing - hymns Nanna loved; songs sung by Susie in a voice so angelic it brought many of us to tears; Lynny's beautiful piano playing; Jen's hilarious, memorable eulogy that had us doubled over with laughter until the tears again ran down our cheeks and the final gesture by the minister of Nanna's entire family holding hands while he prayed for us all - it was a beautiful uplifting moment of fellowship, friendship and love.
Just so beautiful - just so Nanna.
I will miss your presence on this Earth darling Nanna but the love you showed me and the lessons you taught me about love and family will be with me always.
Rest in peace dear one.

Thank you to everyone who has sent emails, SMS's, replied to posts on various online sites and to the girls from The Craft Attic who blew me away with a gorgeous bunch of flowers delivered today. Your thoughts and prayers at this sad but somehow joyous time for us will not be forgotten.

So today I had a quiet day at home. Locked myself away in my scrapping room, turned off my mobile, took the phone off the hook and scrapped a LO that has been sitting on my bench for a few weeks now. I am pleased to say it is done, I am happy with the outcome.

I have also been trying to decide if I will apply for the Bumblebee Crafts DT. I have some LOs that I have done in the past few days that I really love and a card that I think is ok and I will probably submit the canvases I did for Mark, if I decide to apply.
*SIGH*
It's just a decision I don't want to deal with right at this moment
(despite the deadline being only 2 days away)

Until my mood picks up a bit, I may give blogging a miss for a while.
Despite a few "choice words" via email by someone who thinks I am constantly the bearer of bad news, I believe this is my blog and you don't have to read it.
And to tell me that you feel so depressed after reading my blog and under the guise of friendship tell me that I am a very negative person well I am kinda at a loss for words.
You don't have to read it - it's your choice.

I do hope that you all have a happy tomorrow.
Till next time

~*~ shazz ~*~

6 comments:

Marie said...

Please keep blogging. I'll miss your blogs if you stop. You can write whatever you want - it is your blog not someone else's. The way I see it a blog is like a diary so you can write whatever you like and that may mean that you write about the downs as well as the ups. Life is not always completely rosey, unfortunately. I wish it was.

Thinking of you, Marie xo

Mel Diener said...

Thinking of you Shazzy!!!

Hey, to whoever sent you that email...PISS OFF!!! Shazz can write whatever she bloody well likes, it's HER blog, so if you don't like it, piss off and don't come back.

Shari said...

OMG Shazz don't stop blogging - it is such a great outlet and it can and should be whatever YOU want it to be! Big poo to whoever sent you such an email, that's just uncalled for as people can choose to read or not to read what they like and YOU my friend can write whatever you wish here.
Thoughts and hugs
Shari xxxxxxxx

Michelle G said...

Yes Shazz, Keep Blogging, it has been absolutely beautiful the way you talk about your Nana!! I feel the same way about my Grandma, I just hope I can hold myself as admirably as you!! You have had me in tears at the beauty of your words!! & I have retold your story to many of my friends here!!! Life is everything good and bad!!! It's just the way it goes unfortunitly! If others have trouble accepting that it is not your problem!!! I don't think of you as a negative person at all!! Quite the oppisite actually!!! I really admire you!! And your site has really touched my heart!!
Thank You!! I hope you have some happier times coming ahead!! I say enter the BB anyway, might just bring you some good news, you never know!!
Take Care!!
((((Hugs))))
Michelle

Nicole Finlayson said...

Hi Shazz,

I didn't know you had a blog!! Thanks for posting on mine and so glad I've found yours....

Whoever that disgusting person is who said those things to you should just not visit your blog. I believe a blog is for the user only and it's a priviladge to be able to visit.

Your posts have a serenity about them atm and are not depressing at all.....

Keep blogging Shazz, you can't stop now I've found you!!!

Philippa said...

Oh Shazz, I'm so sorry about nanna :( Take care, take a break and get that BBDT entry together!