Thursday, November 03, 2005

HOW EXCITING !!!



I spent time last night visiting with our friends Kerrie and Graeme. Kerrie kindly helped me scan in some pics of Nanna Pratten taken in 1911 !!!
Nanna turns 100 in a few weeks and Mark's Aunt Ruthie is compiling a book of memories that we have all contributed to.
My one regret - that Alzheimers has taken Nanna's beautiful and sharp-as-a-tack mind away and she will not be able to take part in the celebrations of her amazing and inspirational life.
I feel so privileged to have access to these pics taken of Nanna when she was 6 years old. I have plans to scrap them sooner rather than later.
Hope you don't mind that I have shared them with you.
The bottom picture features Nanna and some of brothers and sisters.
Don't you just LOVE that gorgeous rocking horse...???

I completed two LOs yesterday. One of Kaitlyn which took me ever so long to "get right" and I am not sure I am happy with it and another of Matt which I just love. It is another black and red LO which seems to be the colours I use most often, when scrapping pictures of him.
I will share them tomorrow - I promise.

I am thinking of applying for the Bumble Bee DT and I am thinking I may use these LOs as part of my "application". I have "discovered" a scrappable item in my bathroom of all places and I have lots of little ideas buzzing around in my head to create a BTP item
(an omen perhaps - ideas buzzing and the Bumble Bee DT.....LOL)
I have some thank you cards to make also for the girls I did the Relay For Life with, so that can be my card part of the application.
Don't know that my scrapping is "good enough" for what they are after nor my organisation on the ball enough to meet deadlines and such by hey....what does one have to lose...???

On a final note, if you are so inclined, could you all send a prayer skyward tonight for my darling Mark.
He is back seeing the skin cancer specialist tomorrow afternoon in Brisbane and for the first time in our little journey with these cancers, I have a very frightened and not-so-confident husband. He has always been so positive about how bad these cancers are but for the first time he is very scared and it is very frightening and a bit of a shock for me to see him like this.
On the same hand he is also very philisophical about the whole thing and we both know the reality of him having done the damage alreadyand it just be a case of waiting to see how they manifest themselves.
(his specialist told him that all the damage we do to our skin is done before we turn 16!!)

Am I scared...???
DAMN STRAIGHT I AM.
And I have sobbed my heart out most days in the shower or driving in the car on my own.
It has been so hard to be positive (and I HAVE tried so very hard) when I look into the eyes of the man I have loved for over half my life and see tears and a glimmer of fear.
But I will be positive and I will support and love him.
He will be fine and whatever the universe has deemed is his fate to be, we shall face together.

Take care dear friends.
A happy tomorrow

~*~ shazz ~*~


2 comments:

Shari said...

Dear shazz you know that my thoughts are with you and Mark for tomorrow and I am hoping that you receive nothing other than the best news possible tomorrow!
Am thrilled to hear you are applying for the BBC DT as well!! As you say, nothing to lose - love that great attitude.
love, Shari xxxxxxxx

Ali :-) said...

Oh Shazzie... I'll be thinking and praying for Mark very hard :( And sending lots of positive vibes and cyber-hugs as well.

And Good for you for applying for the BBC DT!!! You're right - nothing to lose but everything to gain!!!

And feel free to send those photos through if you want them restored, mate - they don't look *too* bad so it shouldn't be too big of a job... you know the drill... high resolution.

love ya!
Ali :)