Such a busy, frustrating day. Until I realised that my expectations that things would go wrong were actually causing things to go wrong, it was an awful day.
A 5 minute walk at lunchtime around the estate where I work soon cleared my head and attitude, and things seemed a whole lot better this afternoon.
I was most impressed with the Socceroos win last night even though the headache from hell saw me tucked up in bed by 8.30. I saw the highlights on the news this morning and by the recollections of each shot on goal around the Prattens' breakfast bench this morning, I think it was a great win by the lads.
Fingers crossed for a good result in the World Cup next year.
All my boys feel the team will do well and Jake even dared to say they may even have a good chance of a finals berth.
I have been in contact with Mark's Aunt Joanie tonight to help her organise Nanna Pratten's 100th birthday celebrations next weekend. Poor Joanie, who is normally a well-organised lady, is in such a flap over things so I spoke to her on the phone for nearly an hour and helped her make a list that we then allocated jobs to people from.
I am so angry at Mark's father for not playing more of a pivotal role in helping Joanie out and I will be blowed if I will allow him to take any of the credit when the thanks are handed out next weekend.
Aunt Ruthie, Aunt Helen, Aunt Fay (who isn't even one of Nanna's daughters) and I have done all of the organising and planning and it frustrates me no end that despite requests for help, it has not been forthcoming from more family members.
Nanna was so good to me when I started seeing Mark and her blessing to us on our wedding day meant everything to Mark and I.
Let's face it, it's not everyday a family member turns 100.
I am pleased that I spoke to Joanie tonight and she did seem a lot more reassured that Nanna's day would be a special occasion by the time I got off the phone.
Joanie has also told me she has wedding pics of Nanna and Grandpa Sid (I was SO excited when she told me as Mark has never seen them) so after the celebrations die down I will be getting a copy of them and scrapping them for Mark.
Winter seems to have returned up here today. I have had jeans and a jumper on at work and I noticed even the high school kids were in jumpers when I drove past this morning. The winds have been amazing and VERY chilly.
I can't believe we were sweating this time last week.
CRAZY WEATHER !!!
Well I have so much to get done scrapping wise and the reshuffle of the scrapping room was put on hold today while I worked so I must get my finger out, my backside into gear and get a move on.
I hope you all have an amazing day tomorrow.
~*~ shazz ~*~
p.s. a big thank you to the FABULOUS Miss Marie who always reads my blog posts and sends me a comment.
Gotta love ya darls xxoo
A 5 minute walk at lunchtime around the estate where I work soon cleared my head and attitude, and things seemed a whole lot better this afternoon.
I was most impressed with the Socceroos win last night even though the headache from hell saw me tucked up in bed by 8.30. I saw the highlights on the news this morning and by the recollections of each shot on goal around the Prattens' breakfast bench this morning, I think it was a great win by the lads.
Fingers crossed for a good result in the World Cup next year.
All my boys feel the team will do well and Jake even dared to say they may even have a good chance of a finals berth.
I have been in contact with Mark's Aunt Joanie tonight to help her organise Nanna Pratten's 100th birthday celebrations next weekend. Poor Joanie, who is normally a well-organised lady, is in such a flap over things so I spoke to her on the phone for nearly an hour and helped her make a list that we then allocated jobs to people from.
I am so angry at Mark's father for not playing more of a pivotal role in helping Joanie out and I will be blowed if I will allow him to take any of the credit when the thanks are handed out next weekend.
Aunt Ruthie, Aunt Helen, Aunt Fay (who isn't even one of Nanna's daughters) and I have done all of the organising and planning and it frustrates me no end that despite requests for help, it has not been forthcoming from more family members.
Nanna was so good to me when I started seeing Mark and her blessing to us on our wedding day meant everything to Mark and I.
Let's face it, it's not everyday a family member turns 100.
I am pleased that I spoke to Joanie tonight and she did seem a lot more reassured that Nanna's day would be a special occasion by the time I got off the phone.
Joanie has also told me she has wedding pics of Nanna and Grandpa Sid (I was SO excited when she told me as Mark has never seen them) so after the celebrations die down I will be getting a copy of them and scrapping them for Mark.
Winter seems to have returned up here today. I have had jeans and a jumper on at work and I noticed even the high school kids were in jumpers when I drove past this morning. The winds have been amazing and VERY chilly.
I can't believe we were sweating this time last week.
CRAZY WEATHER !!!
Well I have so much to get done scrapping wise and the reshuffle of the scrapping room was put on hold today while I worked so I must get my finger out, my backside into gear and get a move on.
I hope you all have an amazing day tomorrow.
~*~ shazz ~*~
p.s. a big thank you to the FABULOUS Miss Marie who always reads my blog posts and sends me a comment.
Gotta love ya darls xxoo

2 comments:
How lovely will it be to celebrate Mark's Nanna turning 100!!!! What a great day for your kids to cherish too Shazz!! I am sure that it will be a wonderful event and lots of pics please!!! Shari xxx
I've just got to keep popping in to see that you are behaving yourself. I hope Mark's Nanna has a great birthday.
Marie xo
Post a Comment