Friday, November 11, 2005

HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE

YAY
My baby girl is home.
Kait arrived back at the school about 6.00 p.m. - very tired but having had a really great time. It was wonderful to see their little faces gleaming as they got off the bus. All happy to see their Mums and Dads and itching to get home.
I feel that Mark and I made the right decision in sending her to a smaller country school. The teaching staff is exceptional - Kait's teacher Di Golding is one of the most amazing educators I have had the privilege of meeting - the atmosphere of the school is so friendly and welcoming, and despite being a school of only 87 kids every opportunity is given to the kids that is offered in bigger city schools.
Kait fell asleep pretty much straight after dinner, much to Mark's disgust. He kept prodding her to wake up and talk to him. He wanted her to tell him all about Seaworld but it might have to wait until tomorrow.
He is now snoring on the lounge beside her.

Jakey's year spent the day at Wet and Wild today. He had a ball and we had the privilege of meeting a couple of his friends this morning when they knocked on the door to walk off to catch the bus with him. It is so nice that his friends are such wonderful kids.
I THINK I was flattered that TJ called me "mam".......LOL
Jake told him he was just being a suck......ROTFL

Matt has headed off for a weekend of camping and hand-holding with Shannon. Her family is camping at Evans Head. It is an odd feeling to have my "homebody" son wanting and preferring to spend the weekend with someone else. We have spent almost every weekend together as a family, his whole life and it feels weird that he prefers the company of someone else to us.
Oh I know, I know......he is 17 and growing up but still......an odd feeling I must say.
Just hope he has a ball - remembers his manners - and his sunscreen.
Hey....give me a break.....you can take the kid away from the mother but you can't stop her from worrying.

Hopefully a weekend of scrapping for me. I mailed off two CJs today which is always a great feeling and have one here to scrap over the weekend.

Whatever you do, wherever your life's journey takes you this weekend, may it be filled with happy times, friendship, family and love.

~*~ shazz ~*~

2 comments:

Marie said...

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now I've read your blog. You have a good weekend too Shazz.

Marie xo

Trish Reed said...

Boy my eldest is 16 now and I can't imagine him wandering off with someone else for the weekend. I can imagine how you would be still worrying over your Matt. Glad you are feeling much better.