Tuesday, November 01, 2005

JUST NOT HAPPENING

I had so much planned today - catching up on housework, going to the gym, scrapping, calling my sister and nothing seemed to happen for me.

Matt saw Bruce Purkiss today - I call Bruce the voodoo doctor because nothing he does to cure anything makes any sense at all but by jingo it works - and Matt saw him for this on-going chest problem he has. He has put Matt onto more drops again and claims that it has taken 17 years for Matt's chest to get so bad and we can't expect a miracle cure overnight - and WHY NOT !!! Matt seems happy enough to take them though.
He will also see Rod Hammond on Friday to see if Rod can shed any light on why his chest is just so bad. I swear by Rod after he "cured" me of thrush when I was 20. And he is a lovely, genuine man and I always come away from consults with him feeling great.
I guess Mark and I should have been more insistent that Matt see someone before this but I don't know how many appointments I made with them only to have Matt refuse to go. He wants to be treated like an adult and that means taking responsibility for his own health care.

It was an amazing Melbourne Cup this year. It was one of those moments in time when I will be able to say,
"I remember where I was when Makybe Diva won her third Melbourne Cup"
What a phenomenal horse she is and it was a privilege to see her run. It is the first time I haven't had a bet on the Cup in many many years but I would have done my money had I had a bet. Matt and I watched the Cup together and it was great to see him getting excited about the race. I can clearly remember Pa holding a form guide up to Matt's little hand and asking him to
"help Pa pick a winner".
It made me chuckle because Pa would try just about anything to back that elusive winner.

I have spent lots of time the past few nights looking at other people's Blogs. There are so many talented people out there and I feel privileged that they choose to share their amazing LOs on the net.
I'm not sure if I am frustrated or inspired by looking at them. I can see the LOs I want to create in my head. I can see the colours, the embellishments and everything. Just getting it onto the cardstock is where I run into trouble.

I was so excited when Mark told me I could subscribe to the Tarisota Inspiration Collection. It is just an amazing site and I and hoping to settle down tonight with a cuppa and have a look through the gallery armed with my notebook and pencil to jot down lots of ideas.
I can't wait til the 15th now when the first collection will arrive.

Whatever you do tomorrow I hope your day is filled with laughter, sunshine and love
~*~shazz~*~




2 comments:

Marie said...

You lucky ducky, Shazzy. The Tarisota site is such a feast for sore eyes. So beautifully presented. If I hadn't have signed up for Philippa's kits I would have got one from Tarisota. You are one lucky lady.

Marie xo

Roz said...

yay for you!! Tarisota is a gorgeous site with some gorgeous stuff!! I would definately subscribe, except I really don't need anything lol!!

look forward to seeing what you create with your first pack Shazzy!

Roz xo