After a lonnnnnnnnnng day at work (and next to no sleep last nite) the last thing I needed when i got home was hassles.
Makes me wonder if my feeling totally and utterly BLAH and drained of any "positivity" this afternoon, attracts negative things into my life.
The soccer federation rang this afternoon to say that Jake had missed his clothing fitting for next year's rep team.
*SIGH*
I DID call last week and told them that he had decided not to play next year - and it was HIS decision - but apparently the message didn't get through to those who needed to know.
So after a 2 minute tirade from the silly woman who thinks she runs the show over there, and her repeatedly asking me why he wasn't playing I told her that she could expect a call from Mark tomorrow with a list of our grievances with their organisation.
If I had started telling her the reasons Jake had decided not to play next year I may have STILL been on the phone to them.
Then the phonecall from Mum, after her few afternoon drinkies, bemoaning her situation and somehow the conversation turned to that if I had been a better daughter to her she wouldn't be in her situation.
She zaps my energy and she is an emotional black hole that seems to swallow me up.
Why do I put up with it - with the abuse and the emotional, heartwrenching accusations of HER life situation somehow being MY fault...???
I'm not sure.
All I can say is, she is my Mum and I guess no matter how much I like to think the heartstrings and emotional ties have been severed
(geez, we haven't set foot in her house since Boxing Day last year)
she is, and always will be, my Mum.
I ended up hanging up on her and haven't answered the several attempts she has made to call back
(gotta LOVE caller ID)
I am sure if I wasn't so tired and weighed down by things I HAVE to get done, like, YESTERDAY, things might not seem so bad.
Sorry about the downer post.
Think I might go cuddle my baby girl until she begs me to stop. Gotta love the cuddles you get from your kids - so full on, so healing and without any holding back.
Yep....look out Kait....Mummy's coming for a cuddle.....LOL
Life seems so much better when I look at all the good things around me and push the bad aside.
May your day be filled with happiness, smiles, rainbows and a million little joys to brighten and lighten your heart.
Gonna make sure mine is.
~*~ shazz ~*~
Makes me wonder if my feeling totally and utterly BLAH and drained of any "positivity" this afternoon, attracts negative things into my life.
The soccer federation rang this afternoon to say that Jake had missed his clothing fitting for next year's rep team.
*SIGH*
I DID call last week and told them that he had decided not to play next year - and it was HIS decision - but apparently the message didn't get through to those who needed to know.
So after a 2 minute tirade from the silly woman who thinks she runs the show over there, and her repeatedly asking me why he wasn't playing I told her that she could expect a call from Mark tomorrow with a list of our grievances with their organisation.
If I had started telling her the reasons Jake had decided not to play next year I may have STILL been on the phone to them.
Then the phonecall from Mum, after her few afternoon drinkies, bemoaning her situation and somehow the conversation turned to that if I had been a better daughter to her she wouldn't be in her situation.
She zaps my energy and she is an emotional black hole that seems to swallow me up.
Why do I put up with it - with the abuse and the emotional, heartwrenching accusations of HER life situation somehow being MY fault...???
I'm not sure.
All I can say is, she is my Mum and I guess no matter how much I like to think the heartstrings and emotional ties have been severed
(geez, we haven't set foot in her house since Boxing Day last year)
she is, and always will be, my Mum.
I ended up hanging up on her and haven't answered the several attempts she has made to call back
(gotta LOVE caller ID)
I am sure if I wasn't so tired and weighed down by things I HAVE to get done, like, YESTERDAY, things might not seem so bad.
Sorry about the downer post.
Think I might go cuddle my baby girl until she begs me to stop. Gotta love the cuddles you get from your kids - so full on, so healing and without any holding back.
Yep....look out Kait....Mummy's coming for a cuddle.....LOL
Life seems so much better when I look at all the good things around me and push the bad aside.
May your day be filled with happiness, smiles, rainbows and a million little joys to brighten and lighten your heart.
Gonna make sure mine is.
~*~ shazz ~*~

2 comments:
OH Shazz!!!!, Here are a few more Cyber hugs coming your way!!! (((((Hugs))))
Don't you just hate days like that, and negative people who just drain you even more!!!!!!!
Hopefully now that you have it off your chest (so to speak) things will start looking up!!!!
Here is wishing you a better day tomorrow!!! I hope you get a good nights rest!!!
Cheers
Michelle
Shazzie, what a poopie day! You know, some people always have to blame others for their own misfortunes and never want to take responsibility for themselves. Drowning themselves in alcohol is just a very poor excuse and they have no right to inflict their poor behaviour onto others. I feel very strongly about this as I know exactly where you are coming from. Oh dear, I cannot believe that once again we have something in common. Are we related????? lol
My advice - stay clear of negative people.
Take care and I hope you get some sleep soon.
Hugs, Marie xo
Post a Comment