Tuesday, November 22, 2005

BUSY BUSY BUSY

I have had such a busy few days.

Dad and Nanny arrived yesterday and we went and had a VERY yummy lunch in town. I had chicken caesar salad (no anchovies - BLAH) but was soooooooooo delicious. Dad's shout too which I was pleasantly surprised at - Dad's not known for his "off-the-cuff" generosity but I appreciated his gesture. For a man who never told me he loved me until I was 29, I take every ounce of affection I can get from Dad.

Kait had today off school for some "Nanny-time" so they have had a great day of playing board games, doing jigsaws and just hanging out. I think Nanny loves it as much as Kait does.

After I toddled off to the gym, we went down to Ballina this morning for some shopping. I took Nanny to the gorgeous little craft store that I re-discovered a few weeks ago and we looked for some heritage laces and embellishments so I can scrap Nanna Pratten's canvas. I found some simply gorgeous hand tea-dyed beaded laces (and mighty expensive too) which I bought 30 cms of. Just couldn't resist. I am a sucker for things like this.

I also took a copy of the memory book cover that Ruthie (Mark's aunt) designed and had it enlarged and will have it matted so people can sign it at the celebration get-together on Sunday. It has the most stunning pics of Nanna on it in her wedding gown, her 21st birthday portrait and a photo of her taken when she was about 2. It is the most stunning design and I get quite emotional when I look at it. I can't wait for everything Joanie, Helen, Ruthie and I have done to be all together in the one place. It should be a very memorable day. My only regret is that Nanna will not have a level of awareness of all that is going on around her. She really loved a good "shin-dig".

I have also committed to providing an "inspiration" each week for The Craft Attic which I need to think up something inspiring and scrap something relating to that inspiration.
Just another chore to add to the list.

And the Christmas cards.

And Kait's classes Christmas gifts.

And scrapping calendars as Christmas gifts for rellies.

And making Christmas paper and tags.

And wrapping Christmas gifts.

**SIGH**
If anyone can tell me how to survive without sleep I would appreciate it.
Or maybe cloning could be an option.
HMMMMmmmmmm

A happy tomorrow to you all

~*~ shazz ~*~

2 comments:

Michelle G said...

HOw is it our lives only ever seem to get busier and busier!!! Do they ever slow down!!!
Good luck with the no sleep thing!!
Cheers
Michelle

Marie said...

Nanna's party sounds like it going to be a fantastic shin-dig. Don't forget to post pics.

Don't stress too much about Christmas things. It will all fall into place.

Marie xo