Just a quick update to let anyone who actually reads my blog (please leave a comment so I know you do - and thanks Marie and Trish for all your comments) know that yesterday morning I completed the RELAY FOR LIFE.
I had every intention of posting on my blog last night but I was just too tired.
It was the most amazing experience and I can't explain my sense of pride in myself and Lynn, Nadia and Kylie (the three ladies who stuck it out with me through the whole 24 hours)
Pride in myself is one emotion I was not expecting I would have but there it is.......glowing in the corner of my heart. And to have Mark and the three kids hug me and tell me how proud they were of me was such a special feeling.
Due to a monumental stuff-up by the team leader who took the project on with every good intention and then deserted us, it was really only the four of us who stuck it out the whole 24 hours.
So the four of us laughed and sang and joked and cried and chatted and walked/shuffled/danced/jogged our way through the 24 hours and it was so much fun. The organisers wanted to give us the award for the funniest and most inspirational tent but they didn't have one organised.
So my sincerest thanks to
More blogging tonight
~*~ shazz ~*~
I had every intention of posting on my blog last night but I was just too tired.
It was the most amazing experience and I can't explain my sense of pride in myself and Lynn, Nadia and Kylie (the three ladies who stuck it out with me through the whole 24 hours)
Pride in myself is one emotion I was not expecting I would have but there it is.......glowing in the corner of my heart. And to have Mark and the three kids hug me and tell me how proud they were of me was such a special feeling.
Due to a monumental stuff-up by the team leader who took the project on with every good intention and then deserted us, it was really only the four of us who stuck it out the whole 24 hours.
So the four of us laughed and sang and joked and cried and chatted and walked/shuffled/danced/jogged our way through the 24 hours and it was so much fun. The organisers wanted to give us the award for the funniest and most inspirational tent but they didn't have one organised.
So my sincerest thanks to
- those who sponsored me with money
- those who encouraged me with good wishes and SMS messages throughout the 24 hours
- to my wonderful Mark, Matt, Jake and Kaitlyn who came and walked with me for some laps and encouraged me to keep going
- to the gorgeous Nadia, Kylie and Lynn who listened to and laughed at my sick jokes and who encouraged me to keep walking when all I really wanted to do was lie down and sleep.
- and to my darling Pa whose spirit and love of life helped me through the tough "I just wanna go home" laps.
More blogging tonight
~*~ shazz ~*~

1 comment:
I'm so proud of you, too. You must have been absolutely exhausted by the time you finished.
Marie xo
Post a Comment