I need a very big boot up my very big bum.
I had every intention of blogging everyday - or at least every second day - mainly because I thought it was something easy that I could make a habit before trying to tackle the bigger issues in my life that need addressing every day that I just don't seem to be able to get to. Things like housework, spending quality time with Mark and the kids, exercising, scrapping. *SIGH*
A lot has happened in the past 10 days but I shall not bore you with all the mundane details. Just a short outline of them ("AH YES".......I hear you all sigh)
I had every intention of blogging everyday - or at least every second day - mainly because I thought it was something easy that I could make a habit before trying to tackle the bigger issues in my life that need addressing every day that I just don't seem to be able to get to. Things like housework, spending quality time with Mark and the kids, exercising, scrapping. *SIGH*
A lot has happened in the past 10 days but I shall not bore you with all the mundane details. Just a short outline of them ("AH YES".......I hear you all sigh)
- Mark and I attended the wedding of our friend's son in Brisbane. Dan and Lucy's wedding was one of the nicest weddings I have ever been to. The setting at Stuartholme on Mt Cootha was spectacular, everything was perfect, we got to spend time with dear friends - lots of laughs, reminiscing, good food, dancing, WAYYYY too much champagne and a ripper of a hangover all day Sunday and into Monday to remind me that I should never drink champagne again (well maybe not for a while)
- Mark and I got to spend some long overdue time together - just him and I - as we drove to Brisbane for the wedding and spent the night at the Novatel in the City. Mark's brother and his wife kindly looked after the kids for us - a great opportunity for all our kids to get together and have some fun. Geoff took them "skurfing" on Saturday (a surfboard is towed behind a boat and the kids try to stand up) and they all had a great time. The only casualty of the day - Geoff's mobile phone that somehow ended up in the esky with the cold drinks and all the ice.
- My mighty Tigers won the Grand Final Sunday night. I really wanted to be excited and jump around and do the happy dance but I quietly sat there and allowed them to spin their magic and I "quietly" cheered for them once the game was over. Hangovers are such a BITCH.
- I have had to go into work this week to cover for Tracey our salesgirl who is off with some mystery virus. Not sure how Mark thought I could cover for her as I have not one single clue about where to get prices or what someone wants when they ring up asking for "extra RAM for a DDI-OD motherboard with wireless connection" but I muddled my way through. It's great having such a small client base that most of them are understanding when Miss Dunderhead (that would be me folks!!) answers the phone and their questions are met by stunned silence.
- Scrapping wise I have been slack also......I need time to scrap. I head off to my room in the garage to scrap and next thing you know I am called to referree World War 65 between Jake and Kait. Or Matt has "lost" his denim shorts and needs them yesterday and he is positive I have them ("no Matt, they are on the floor of the bathroom where they have been for the last three days"). Or Mum is on the phone telling me how bad her life is and somehow it is my fault. Or a bloody telemarketer wants to sell me roller shutters/raffle tickets/clean my carpets. I need uninterupted time to scrap. My inspiration and talent can't cope with constant interuptions.
- I also bit the bullet this week and submitted a LO to FK for the "never published" LOs section. Got the obligatory "thanks for submitting" email but I don't really think it will be accepted. But you know.....that's ok too.
- Dad and Erica are arriving tomorrow to attend a wedding. It will be good to see them again and I know that the kids are looking forward to some "Grandad and Nanny time". And I am having my niece and nephew stay over tomorrow night also so we will be packed to the rafters. But I don't mind really. It's nice to have family around - especially family that just wants to love us and be with us and not pass judgement on everything we do and say.
So that is my week in review. Gripping reading I bet.
Have a great weekend if you are still reading this.
~Shazz~
Have a great weekend if you are still reading this.
~Shazz~

1 comment:
YAY Shaz!! You have stopped being naughty and have blogged!!!!! You have been having a busy time but great to have some things to celebrate - like a wedding and a Tiger's win (even if it did come at the expense of the Cowboys LOL!) Enjoy time with the family over the weekend!! Shari xxx
Post a Comment