


Thanks to everyone who has seen these canvases and so kindly commented on them. The fact that Mark loved them really was enough for me but it's nice to get some positive feedback from fellow scrappers. Especially from people whose work I admire so much myself.
I toddled (or should that be waddled) off to the gym today. Wasn't as hard as my first session back on Monday but I know that I have lost some of the gains I had made.
But I know that I am taking steps in the right direction.
We had ANOTHER huge storm last night. I turned the computer off and settled down to read my latest issues of CK, SM and the Pommy scrapping mag I buy when suddenly the lights went off.
So armed with a torch I headed off to bed to read my CK by torchlight under the sheets - I felt like I was 12 again reading late into the night after Mum telling me I had to go to sleep. To add to the "excitement" the only torch I could find was one Mark bought Kait that has heaps of buttons on it that make spooky noises.
So I lay in bed, under the sheets, pushing the buttons (on purpose......hehe) and giggling like a 12 year old.
Ah.........the things that amuse small minds.
On the scrapping front, I have been trying frantically to get a LO finished of our Miss Kait. It features lots of yummy colours - lime, pinks, oranges and is a gorgeous, vibrant pic of her (with my big mug in the corner) taken a few years ago at the local park.
Using lots of my new AC ribbons, punched flowers that I have attached with French knots (I am proud to say I have revisited my old needlework books and retaught myself how to do them)
I have REALLY struggled with this one as I am "trying" to evolve my style into something else other than what it is. I am trying to think outside the square and finding that those darn lines are VERY hard to cross. I have given up on it tonight and come upstairs. I am working tomorrow so maybe the time away from it will give me fresh eyes to look at it.
I will share it with you when it is finished.
On a personal note, I can feel I am getting stronger and stronger within myself. I actually dealt with some stress tonight by just walking away. The time is coming where I will just avoid those situations that cause me to doubt myself and to beat myself up because of the way these situations make me feel.
And I will be strong enough to deal with those situations I can't avoid.
But my baby step for today was walking away from a potentially harmful situation
(*insert pride of oneself in here*)
Hoping you all have a great day tomorrow and that life throws some great things your way.
~Shazz~
I toddled (or should that be waddled) off to the gym today. Wasn't as hard as my first session back on Monday but I know that I have lost some of the gains I had made.
But I know that I am taking steps in the right direction.
We had ANOTHER huge storm last night. I turned the computer off and settled down to read my latest issues of CK, SM and the Pommy scrapping mag I buy when suddenly the lights went off.
So armed with a torch I headed off to bed to read my CK by torchlight under the sheets - I felt like I was 12 again reading late into the night after Mum telling me I had to go to sleep. To add to the "excitement" the only torch I could find was one Mark bought Kait that has heaps of buttons on it that make spooky noises.
- EVIL LAUGH
- WOLF HOWL
- HELP CRY
- THUNDER STORM (like we needed MORE thunder noises)
- CREAKING DOOR
- WITCH CACKLE
- GHOST MOAN
So I lay in bed, under the sheets, pushing the buttons (on purpose......hehe) and giggling like a 12 year old.
Ah.........the things that amuse small minds.
On the scrapping front, I have been trying frantically to get a LO finished of our Miss Kait. It features lots of yummy colours - lime, pinks, oranges and is a gorgeous, vibrant pic of her (with my big mug in the corner) taken a few years ago at the local park.
Using lots of my new AC ribbons, punched flowers that I have attached with French knots (I am proud to say I have revisited my old needlework books and retaught myself how to do them)
I have REALLY struggled with this one as I am "trying" to evolve my style into something else other than what it is. I am trying to think outside the square and finding that those darn lines are VERY hard to cross. I have given up on it tonight and come upstairs. I am working tomorrow so maybe the time away from it will give me fresh eyes to look at it.
I will share it with you when it is finished.
On a personal note, I can feel I am getting stronger and stronger within myself. I actually dealt with some stress tonight by just walking away. The time is coming where I will just avoid those situations that cause me to doubt myself and to beat myself up because of the way these situations make me feel.
And I will be strong enough to deal with those situations I can't avoid.
But my baby step for today was walking away from a potentially harmful situation
(*insert pride of oneself in here*)
Hoping you all have a great day tomorrow and that life throws some great things your way.
~Shazz~

1 comment:
I'm so proud of you for taking baby steps. One at a time.
You know that I love these canvases. The one of Kait is so pretty.
rofl re the torch. too funny
Marie xo
Post a Comment