What an awful day it was here today weather wise. It was hot and windy and the smell of smoke is hanging heavily in the air. Mark, Kait and I did some sweeping and raking up of the copious amounts of leaves around the house and Mark swept some of the roof off but to be honest, if a fire rages up that gully I just think we will be just grabbing what we can and running for our lives. We are going to devise a plan of escape should a fire come our way - not likely but very possible - and put the kids through a drill. Scary stuff - especially seeing it isn't even summer yet!!!!!
I ducked into my LSS this morning to drop off my CJs as Julie is thinking of running a CJ group with the ladies she teaches. And walked out with the Heidi Swapp Handwriting Book, a HS mask, some HS photo corners (all at a VERY good price + 10% discount on a rewards card), some Prima flowers, two more pieces of PP I just had to have and some ribbon. Oh.....and an entry on the CC that will need hiding from Mark!!!!!! That damned HS handwriting book was on the counter and it was like those new twirl bread things on the ad on the telly....."BUY ME; BUY ME" it called.
What is a girl to do, I ask you......?????
I am looking forward to reading it and improving my handwriting to the point that I feel confident and proud to have it on a LO. I must admit I cringe when I use my own handwriting on a LO. Hopefully Heidi can get me over that hurdle.
Matt worked again this morning - 6 a.m. start which meant a 5 a.m. rise for me. He drove out to work and is hoping to go for his license in a few weeks. Must say I am dreading it but I can only hope the lessons that Mark and I have instilled in him are always in the back of his mind. The thought of him driving Jake and Kait anywhere is terrifying to me. It's not that I don't trust him - he is a bright, intelligent and sensible kid - but the thought of losing any of my kids in car accident just terrifies me to no end.
Dad and Erica arrived safely. It was so good to see them again. Dad is looking rather tired this visit and he talked at length about his retirement. I am sure after almost 40 years of long distance bus driving he needs a break. I just hope he can learn to relax and just enjoy his retirement. I know I am looking forward to seeing more of both him and Nanny a lot more.
Kait asked him would he be having a funeral when he retired.......???????
Somehow she has equated retirement to dying and thought poor old Dad was done for!!!!!!!!
I quickly set her straight and tried not to laugh at the look on Dad's face !!!!!!
Anyways, salad to make, kebabs to be BBQ'd so time for goodbye.
Happy scrapping one and all
Shazz xo
I ducked into my LSS this morning to drop off my CJs as Julie is thinking of running a CJ group with the ladies she teaches. And walked out with the Heidi Swapp Handwriting Book, a HS mask, some HS photo corners (all at a VERY good price + 10% discount on a rewards card), some Prima flowers, two more pieces of PP I just had to have and some ribbon. Oh.....and an entry on the CC that will need hiding from Mark!!!!!! That damned HS handwriting book was on the counter and it was like those new twirl bread things on the ad on the telly....."BUY ME; BUY ME" it called.
What is a girl to do, I ask you......?????
I am looking forward to reading it and improving my handwriting to the point that I feel confident and proud to have it on a LO. I must admit I cringe when I use my own handwriting on a LO. Hopefully Heidi can get me over that hurdle.
Matt worked again this morning - 6 a.m. start which meant a 5 a.m. rise for me. He drove out to work and is hoping to go for his license in a few weeks. Must say I am dreading it but I can only hope the lessons that Mark and I have instilled in him are always in the back of his mind. The thought of him driving Jake and Kait anywhere is terrifying to me. It's not that I don't trust him - he is a bright, intelligent and sensible kid - but the thought of losing any of my kids in car accident just terrifies me to no end.
Dad and Erica arrived safely. It was so good to see them again. Dad is looking rather tired this visit and he talked at length about his retirement. I am sure after almost 40 years of long distance bus driving he needs a break. I just hope he can learn to relax and just enjoy his retirement. I know I am looking forward to seeing more of both him and Nanny a lot more.
Kait asked him would he be having a funeral when he retired.......???????
Somehow she has equated retirement to dying and thought poor old Dad was done for!!!!!!!!
I quickly set her straight and tried not to laugh at the look on Dad's face !!!!!!
Anyways, salad to make, kebabs to be BBQ'd so time for goodbye.
Happy scrapping one and all
Shazz xo

2 comments:
Great that you have your Dad and Erica there for a visit this weekend Shazz!!!! The weather is quite nasty isn't it - a nice gentle spring would have been great!! Have fun with the Heidi book and I look forward to seeing lots of handwriting on your layouts from now on!! Have fun with all of your other *secret* shhhhh hide the bill purchases too!! Shari xxx
ooh, I want to see the los you do after you've read the Heidi book.
Bushfires are scary. You never know which way they'll go.
Marie xo
Post a Comment