Wednesday, September 28, 2005

ALL ALONE....WELL......KINDA...!!!

*SIGH*.......I am sitting here all alone....well not really.
Kait is sleeping on the lounge and my two "shadows", Molly and Tilly, are at my feet (I could do without the farting though thanks Miss Molly - EWWWW!!); Matt and Jake are at an Under 18's concert in Ballina and Mark is working late AGAIN. He ducked into home for a quick bite to eat, we discussed his great-aunt's funeral that we attended today, we talked about what we need to organise for the wedding we are attending this weekend and then he was gone again.
I KNOW the business needs this contract, I KNOW it is almost finished and ready for an upload, I KNOW he isn't stressed like he was when we had the dealerships; I KNOW he loves what he does but boy.....am I over these long hours. I miss having him around, the kids miss their Dad being at home - Kait especially - I hate having to make all the decisions regarding the kids and the house and our lives because I hate to bother him with such trivialities like bills, leaky toilets, etc. I hate the fact he is just so tired when he gets home that he sits on the lounge to unwind and he is still there hours later because I hate to wake him once he is asleep and getting some well-earned rest.
Oh dear......well that's my whinge and whine out of the way. We are luckier than a lot of families out there who are struggling to make ends meet. At least we can pay our bills, put food on the table and I can still have the occasional scrapping shopping splurge and not feel too guilty about it. For all these things and the love of my family I am so very grateful.
As I said, my boys have headed off to an Under 18's concert tonight. Initially I said they couldn't go as I wasn't taking them and I don't know the boy who Matt has organised to bring them home again but after they called Mark and discussed things calmly with him, as opposed to their over-protective Mum, off they went.
I never thought that I would be so nervy and over-protective about them when the time came for them to start driving and be driven around by friends. Losing any of my children in a car accident is my absolute greatest fear in life. I have witnessed the devastation first-hand that comes with losing a child and I would not wish that kind of pain and grief on my worst enemy. Just stay safe guys. I hope the lessons we have drummed into them as they have grown up about not getting into cars with friends who have been drinking or taking drugs, or who they know are silly behind the wheel has sunk in. Please dear God protect my boys. Oh dear......that's all a bit grim.
On a brighter note I FINALLY got Mark's canvases finished that were supposed to be for him for Father's Day. I am so chuffed with them and I hope that he will be too. I hid them in the cupboard with his socks and undies so when he came home from work and got changed he would find them. ROTFL......he came home, didn't get changed and hasn't found them as yet. I hope Mr Blogger is being nice and letting me upload pics again in the next few days so I can share them.
Well that's all for now. You can wake up and turn off your computers now......LOL
~Shazz~

3 comments:

Marie said...

Typical, isn't it? Just when you try to surprise them the joke ends up on yourself. lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing the canvasses.

I think it's every parents nightmare the feeling you have about car accidents. I know that I'm not looking forward to that period of my boys' lives.

Love, Marie

Shari said...

Shazz I am *still* waiting to see these canvasses - drumming fingers on desk LOL LOL LOL!! I bet they are gorgeous and am sure that Mark loved them!!
Love Shari xxx

Roz said...

Yes, I am waiting to see these canvases too missy moo!
I'm sure Mark was impressed with them!!
Rozzie xo