What a great day.....Mark and I crawled out of bed to watch the Hewett/Federer clash at 5 a.m. which Lleyton unfortunately lost. I went back to sleep for an hour about 8 a.m. - BIG MISTAKE. It has taken me all day to shake off that awful "too much sleep" hangover you get.
The rest of the morning was spent in my jimmie-jams, just pottering around the house - doing short bursts of housework and just hanging out with Mark and the kids - JUST PERFECT. It's days like this, when we are all together as family - no rushing, no fussing and lots of conversation and fun and laughter - I wish I could bottle and keep forever.
Mark, Matt and Jakey headed off for some soccer spectating after lunch and Kait and I just hung around the house a bit more until it was time to head off to see Willie Wonka.
Don't know what I expected as I loved the "original" with Gene Wilder so much as a kid and relived it many more times as an adult when the three kids watched it. But it was great. Johnny Depp was exceptional (he was so quirky and I love that kind of humour) as was the little boy who played Charlie - such an expressive little face. And Kait was quoting huge chunks of it on the way home in the car and in my opinion that is ALWAYS a great indicator that a movie is a hit with the kids. So if anyone is reading this, I highly recommend it.
Mark and Jake headed off to see "Stealth" tonight and said it was great. Mark's praise of the movie may have a bit to do with Jessica Biel starring in it.....HMMMMMM
As for scrapping today well..... at this point in time, it has been a non-event today - oh well.
I am off to the gym tomorrow for my 30 minutes of huff and puff. Still not happy with the lack of success in moving any of this lard arse of mine but to be fair to the gym program and the gorgeous girls who are so motivating and positive there, my eating habits may have a lot to do with it. I know when I put that third biscuit in my mouth with my morning coffee that I shouldn't but will power has never been a strong suit with me. I promise myself I will try and be stronger and I KNOW I can do it - remember the 10 kgs you lost a few years ago woman !!!!! - and I can remember how good I felt.........
WILL POWER WOMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get some, keep it and start to live again......not merely exist.
Until next time
Shazz xo
Thanks to Shari, Ali and the oh-so fabulous Miss Marie for their lovely comments.
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love lazy days Shazz and it sounds like yours was great! So glad you and Kait enjoyed Willy Wonka too!!!!! Have fun at the gym ok - you'll get there I am sure!!!!
Hey Shazz, glad to hear you had such a lovely "family day"!
Hope to catch up wtih you soon.
Linda
Yay for lazy family days Shazz! And how nice that you are all off to the movies spending quality time with various members of the family one on one - that's special... that's now 2 good reports I've heard of Willy Wonka so I think I will have to go and see it.... is it suitable for a 5-yr old who loves the original one?? OR too scary perhaps??
Nat xx
ooh, now I'm the oh so fabulous Miss Marie. Woohoo! I like it.
I love reading the enthusiasm you have for sport, Shazz. Keep it up.
I've just seen the original Willy Wonka movie and thought of taking the 2 boys during the hols but Andrew was a bit scared so there goes that idea. Glad you and Kaitlyn enjoyed it.
Marie
SHAZZIE!! WElcome to the blogging world lovey!!
Yes, I enjoyed Willy Wonka too! I was a BIG fan of the first one, but I would have to say that I prefer this one! The oompa loompas were so funny!
And lazy days are sooooo good to have too!
Rozzie xo
Post a Comment