Friday, September 16, 2005

Been A While

Well despite my good intentions of "blogging" every day I have managed to miss a few - no excuses though.....it just got pushed to the bottom of the list of "things-to-do".
I have managed to get some scrapping done in the past few days - I have three canvases that I had every intnetion of completing for Mark for Father's Day but as usual my intentions stayed just that....intentions. But I have completed the two of the boys and will have the one of Kait done by tomorrow afternoon. Has been hard working on them when Mark is at home as he often brings me a coffee down in my scrapping room so I had to be careful that he didn't see them.
Kait had a TBall carnival today. Took some great shots of her which was difficult seeing she was just so out of sorts today. She did brighten up this afternoon once she received an invite from her friend Lily to a pool party next weekend. She is really looking forward to that.
I was amazed however at the rudeness that some of the children from the other schools displayed....the language and attitude that came out of their mouths was shocking and to have their teachers and parents standing there and not say a thing was even more so.
So I took off my "parent helper hat" and put on my "teacher hat" and let fly. I won't profess to our little school of 84 not having it's fair share of problems and difficult kids but at least most of the kids show a level of respect to adults, their parents and teachers. One little "darling" from another school was tripping our kids over as they ran past between bases, swearing at them ("You call that a F*CKIN' hit - and I kid you not here people) and generally being a very unpleasant little boy - and we are talking a 10 yr old child here. So I sent him from the field......next I had his teacher over telling me that I couldn't send "his" pupil from the field and a "discussion" ensued. Thankfully Kait's principal came over and defended me as I wasn't the only person who had witnessed this little boy's behaviour. I was just dumbfounded that this kid (and others too I might add) were swearing in full earshot of their teacher and the teacher did nothing about it !!!!!
Aside from that....Kait had a great day - hit some home runs (or "homers" as the kids called them....LOL), got some people out, socialised with some friends and I did my fair share of socialising with the other Mums too......lots of laughs and a chance to catch up on all the goss.
Matt has fallen madly in love again.....I get to meet the young lady tomorrow when I drive him to watch her play netball. He still hasn't found work and Mark and I have told him that he needs to find "direction" in his life or he will have to go back to school. Naturally that was well received by him..........NOT !!!! he is keen to get his licence now so maybe that will give him something to focus on.
Jakey received his SNAP test results on Wednesday. He scored in the top 2% in the State. Naturally we are so proud of him but he takes it all in his stride - he's just that kind of kid.
Anyways, that's my lot for this blog. Thanks for reading if you got this far.
Til next time

~Shazz~

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow Shazz, I can't believe that sending that kid from the field was left up to you and that his teacher didn't say anything!! There are so many obnoxious (sp) kids around these days, it seems to have become accepted behaviour.
Glad to hear that you got some scrapping time in today and I look forward to seeing them either on your blog or in the gallery soon!
Linda
xxxx

Shazz said...

ROTFL Linda....thanks for your comments. I will post them into my blog when the wonderful Miss Shari gives me my online tuition in how to do it.....LOL
~Shazz~

Marie said...

Sounds like that "delightful" child needs his mouth washed out with soap and water. I can't believe his parents and teacher said nothing. Good for you. Glad to see you blogging again.

It's easy to add a piccy in. When you are typing in your blog look along the line just above and there will be a few little boxes. Next to the abc box there will be a picture. click on that and it will open up another window where you can browse your files to add onto your blog. Does that make sense? Have a great weekend.

Marie