Monday, September 19, 2005

"not much of anything" kinda day

Today was just another day. Mark took Kait off to school for me this morning as he had to take my car in to get the damage fixed that I caused when I took it 4WDing in the floods. I look at that part of the road that has been washed away (and STILL NOT FIXED 3 mths later!!!) and can't believe that I am alive or that I didn't get hurt. Scary stuff.
I went off to the gym - man was it busy. I think we are all emerging from our winter hibernation and discovering how tight our summer clothes are.
I received my "Relay for Life" kit - I am looking forward to participating in it. Not only because I will be particiapting with a great group of ladies but because it will be my way of remembering Pa and his battle with cancer. I suspect more than one of us will do our laps in tears.
I am sorry I will be missing The Craft Attic retreat but unfortunately I had committed to the Relay before the retreat was announced.
I hope to scrap tonight as I have a CJ due to be sent out..... er......today actually......LOL. Not a good start to a new CJ group but I did change my topic last Thursday and have had to start from scratch again. Oh well, it will get done I am sure.
Kait's school had Pizza Day today. Years 4, 5 and 6 are away on their Canberra excursion and Di, Kait's teacher and Sue, the K/1 teacher decided to treat the kids that were still at school. I offered to deliver the pizzas and I felt like Santa Claus when I arrived at school with them. All the kids came running up to the fence, cheering and clapping. It was so funny. The kids all enjoyed their pizzas anyway and have asked when another one will be held. A great way to raise a bit of money - we made $30.00 just from the pizza sales, which is no mean feat for our little school.
Anyways, time to head off and do the veges for dinner.
Thanks for reading if you are still here
~Shazz~

1 comment:

Marie said...

Now the weather is starting to warm up I'm sure most gyms will be busy. Does yours open early. Ours has just started to open at 7am, which is perfect for me. Go before dh goes to work.

Have a great day, lovey.

Marie