Monday, August 21, 2006

FAMILY WEEKEND

mark, kait and i had a wonderful weekend in taree with my dad and step-mum helping them celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary and erica's 60th birthday.
we had a lovely river cruise up the manning river on saturday afternoon with dad and erica and some of their friends. it was a leisurely afternoon and my speech caused a few tears but it was lovely to verbalise to my dad and step-mum just how important they are to our family.
we had a family dinner back at dad's on saturday night - lots of laughs, stories of when we were young and just enjoying the company of our family.

it was also nice to get away from things that have been causing me so much grief in the past few weeks and to spend time with my darling husband and our sweet baby girl.
mark and i stayed in a motel (we had some VERY much needed "us" time) and kait stayed with nanny and grandad along with my baby sister, lousie, her hubby and their darling baby girl, bianca.
kait thoroughly enjoyed her time at nanny and grandad's and playing with bianca.
it will be lovely to have them visit us at the end of this week for a few days.

matt and jake stayed at home for their soccer committments. just so glad they are both such sensible boys and can be trusted at home. i left them oodles of cooking and they even got in and did a big clean up of the house before we arrived home yesterday
(although it was very clean when we left here on friday afternoon)

here are a few pics of the weekend

grandad & nanny

my beautiful baby girl

just look at those blue eyes - my niece, bianca

group shot - dad, louise, bianca, nanny, me & kait in the front
(where are those boys...???)

until next time
~*~ shazz ~*~
xox

4 comments:

Nic Wood said...

sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Shazz. Its alwasy nice to spend some quality time with the people we love.

Glad the boys behaved - and cleaned up as well!!! Some young lady is going to have a good catch with them!!!LOL
NIc xxx

kathie said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Bianca and Kait are a couple of cuties.
Kathie

kathie said...

You've turned comments off? I wanted to give you a big hug for your next post. I don't know what's got you so down, but I hope that you're feeling better soon. Kathie

Ruthy said...

Hi Shazzy, don't faint but I'm actually on the blog surf!!! I'm sorry to say I haven't visited any blogs since August 4th after reading all your news I realize how many entries I have missed. Looking at your Dad and Erica I can tell what wonderful parents they are to you and can see why you love them so much. You are a dear friend and precious to many (including me) if your feeling down I hope it helps you to know your loved, but if your concerned perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to look into with the doc, beyond that a get together with some good mates (wink!) would be the best medicine i say!
Love ya - ruthy x