Saturday, December 03, 2005

SCATTERED TO THE FOUR WINDS

Our family has been scattered to the four winds today.

Mark and I didn't arrive home from our work Christmas Party unti about 1 this morning. We ran into Kait's school principal at the local watering hole where the party was held, and the three of us sat talking and laughing until long after all our staff had left. It was a VERY funny night - well the last part of it was.

Kait and I hit the stores this morning for candy canes for the gifts we are making the children in her class, new shoes for me (a new pair of Colorado sandles - black, practical and comfy for work) and Kait and I both got a sparkly pair of shoes for no other reason other than we both loved them. Kait's are blue and mine are gold - very sparkly and very festive.

Mark got an Optus callout to Mt Nardi at 10 this morning and after 5 hours of stuffing around because of wrong keys and codes sms'd up from Sydney he arrived home long enough to gobble down a sandwich and then get dressed and head off to Brisbane with some clients, for a business meeting tonight.

While Mark was at Mt Nardi, Kait and I headed down to Ballina to watch Eden, Mark's brother's daughter in her Christmas dance recital. Matt's girlfriend, Shannon and her sister dance with the same studio so it was good to catch up with Shannon's Mum for a chat.

Tonight Jake has gone to watch the local Under 21's football team play for a place in the final with Alex.

Matt has headed to Ballina to watch Shannon dance tonight.

Kait is heading off to Kerrie and Graeme's for a sleepover because I am heading out for the Curves Christmas party. There will be minimal alcohol for me tonight though because I have to now drive because Mark has gone to Brisbane.

I scrapped for a whole 15 minutes this morning - actually all i did was pull out stuff for a LO and make more mess on my mess.

The Christmas tree is sort of up thanks to my baby girl's wonderful decorating efforts last night.
Lights, tinsel, door decos, etc will come tomorrow after I clean up the mess around the Chrissy tree.

NOW.
TIME TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH.
IGNORE THE MESS.
GO OUT TONIGHT AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.
PRAY THAT MY SCATTERED FAMILY ENDS UP BACK HERE TONIGHT IN ONE PIECE.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

~*~ shazz ~*~

2 comments:

Michelle G said...

YOu have a great Sunday too Shazz!!! And after all that I suggest you put your feet up for the day!!!
Take Care!!
Michelle

Marie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I hope the Curves party was just as good. It does wonders for the soul to have a good laugh. I'm glad to hear that you've cheered up a little.

Marie xo